West Facing House Vastu – Rules, Tips and Guidelines
As we’ve said earlier, it’s the entrance of the house that has got the highest importance in vastu shastra and West facing home is not an exception.
Now, as per vastu for West oriented house, the main door of the home can be located in any of the four padas i.e. 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th on the West side.
In order to understand the above statement more visually, I’ve made an image (that you can see below); have a good look at it.
From the image above, I’m sure, you can understand that I’ve divided the West side of the house i.e. the length from the North-West (NW) corner to the South-West (SW) corner in 9 equal parts; each part is called as pada (or step) in vastu shastra. The NW pada is 1st and the SW pada is 9th.
Also, you can see that padas 1 and 2 are in yellow color; 3, 4, 5 and 6 are in green color and padas 7, 8 and 9 are in red color.
Here’s what this all means:
- Padas 3, 4, 5 and 6 are the ones that are best suited to locate the entrance of a West facing house.
- Padas 1 and 2 can be used if the space after utilizing padas 3, 4, 5 and 6 seems less (however, this seldom happens).
- The entrance of a West facing house can also be located in padas 1 and 2 (only if there’s no option to use 3, 4, 5 and 6 padas); this entrance may not give very good results but will not give bad results either.
- Padas 7, 8 and 9 are the ones that are prohibited i.e. you should never ever – in any case – locate the entrance of your home in this part of West side.
- Here, I must also tell you that all other rules of vastu shastra remain the same for West facing houses too!
- Below, I’ve compiled a list of those rules (in do’s and don’ts format) for West facing house; just have a look at them!
West Facing House Vastu – What To Avoid (5 Tips)
- Avoid entrance in 7th, 8th and 9th pada of West side.
- Never locate a bore-well or water sump in SW of the house.
- Never buy a plot or flat having extension in South or SW.
- Avoid a plot that’s higher in North than South.
- Never have a kitchen in SW of the house.
West Facing House Vastu – What To Follow (9 Tips)
- Locate the entrance in 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th pada in West.
- You can also use 1st and 2nd padas if you want.
- The walls in South and West must be thicker and higher than East and North.
- Place the kitchen in SE or NW of the house; SE is better.
- Master bedroom in SW is the best; if the house has multiple floors then locate the master bedroom at the highest floor.
- Living room and Pooja room in NE of the house is very auspicious.
- Kid’s room can be in South, West or North-West.
- A guest bedroom can be placed in North-West.
- A plot that slopes from South to North is considered auspicious.