Dining area in West is best, in North or East is second best.Dining room should always be spacious, hospitable and comfy.
- While dining; head of the family must face East. Rest of the family members can face East, North or West.
- Children should not sit in South-West corner of dining table as this will make them to gain control of house overpower their parents.
- No one from the family should face South while dining else it causes small disputes among family members.
- East, North or West walls are best for doors of dining room; avoid door in South wall.
- Square or rectangular dining tables are best; avoid circular, oval or any other shape as far as possible.
- Place the dining table towards South-West corner of dining area, but make sure that dining table doesn’t touch wall. Also keep enough space between dining chair and wall so that anyone can get up easily.
- Dining table must not fold against any wall.
- Do not place dining table under a beam.
- Use North-East of dining area to keep drinking water.
- Provide wash-basin in North or East but not in South-East or North-West.
- Do not attach any toilets to dining place, but a place for washing utensils or clothes is acceptable.
- Main door of the house and entrance door of dining room should not face each other.
- Build kitchen and dining area on same floor.
- You can keep a refrigerator in South-East corner of dining area.
- If dining place is a part of drawing-room (which mostly is the case these days) then use a curtain or a plotted plant as a demarcation. Once separated, apply all dining room vastu tips to this area.
- Best colors for dining room walls are pink, orange, yellow, cream or off-white.
- You can hang a mirror in East or North wall of dining area.
Apart from above dining room vastu tips there are some other factors also that need attention. These factors are not related to dining area vastu shastra but they can make a family well balanced and healthy.