1. The W/C should not be provided above or under Pooja room, fire and bed place.
2. The facing of W/C be preferably on N/S axis.
3. The toilets in the building should never be in the centre, the north-east, and the south-west corners.
4. The toilets should be constructed to the west of the building or the north-west side of the north or the south
directions, leaving the south-east and the south-west corner. But septic tank should not be in the south.
5. The pot in the toilet should be in the west, the south or the north-west side of the west.
6. The construction of the toilet should be such that the persons sitting there have their faces towards the north or the west.
7. The toilet should be one or two feet higher than the ground level. The door of the toilet should be in the east
or the north direction as far as possible.
8. The water storage or the taps in the toilet should be in the east, the north or the north-east corner. It should
never be in the south-east or the south-west direction.
9. The slope of the flooring of the toilet and the outlet should be in the east or the north.
11. In the toilet, there should be a small window, in the East, the West or the north