1. The Puja room in the building should be in the east,the north or the north-east corner.
2. Puja room should not be in the south direction.
3. Pujaghar should not be in the bedroom.
4. The idols should be in the east and the west of the Pujaghar. The faces of the idols should not be in the south.
5. Pujaghar should not be above, below or next to the toilet/kitchen.
6. White or light yellow marble work in the worship room is auspicious. The colour of the walls of the worship room should be white, light yellow or light blue.
7. The worship room should have doors and windows in the north or the east.
8. Lamp stand should be in the south-east or east corner of the worship room.
9. If the worship room is of the shape of a pyramid(slope on all the four sides of the roof) it is auspicious.
11. The Agnikund should be in the south-east direction of the worship room. The sacred offerings to the fire should be made with the face towards the east.
12. The showcases and Almirah in the Pujaghar should be towards the western or the southern wall.
13. Scenes from the Mahabharat, photographs of birds and animals should not be in the Pujaghar.
14. The idol should not be exactly in front of the entrance gate.
15. The Pujaghar should preferably have a threshold.
16. The idols in the worship room should not be in a desecrated form.
17. The idols should not be kept at a place obtained by chiselling off the wall or touching the wall. They should
be kept at least an inch away from the wall.
18. Pooja room should be avoided in a store.
19. The worship room should have a two shuttered wooden door. It should not be made of the Gum Arabic tree or any inferior quality of wood. In the upper half of the worship room there should be space for ventilation or it can be made of glass. Proper ventilation should be there.