Dwarvedh – The obstacles for air and light in front of the main entrance or the compound wall is known as
dwarvedh. The meaning is that there should not be any obstacle in front of the main entrance. If there is any
obstacle like electric pole, telephone pole, tree, water tank etc. it is known as Dwarvedh.
If there is an obstacle at a distance of twice the height of the building it is not considered as Dwarvedh, For
example if the height of a building is 25 feet and if an obstacle is present at a distance of 50 feet from the
main entrance of the building it is not considered as Dwarvedh. However, if it is at a distance of 45 feet it is
considered as Dwarvedh, bad effects are definitely observed if there is Dwarvedh to a building.
1) Swarvedh (Sound obstacle) ̵
closed. Inauspicious happenings are expected to happen. This is known as Swarvedh. Oil the hinges so
that craking sound will not appear.
2) Kupvedh – There should not be any septic tank,underground storage tank, boring, underground drainage canals etc. in front of the main entrance. This leadsto loss of wealth and it is known as Kupvedh.
3) Brahmavedh – If there is an oil expeller, grinding mill or edge sharpener machine in front of the main
entrance it is known as Bramhavedh. Life becomes unstable and there are clashes in the family due to
Bramhavedh.You can use different feng-Shui devices to mitigate the dwarvedh.
4) Kilvedh – If there is a peg to tie a goat, cow, buffalo or dog in front of the main entrance it is known as Kilvedh.
This leads to obstacles in the progress.
5) Stumbh Vedh – There should not be any pole,electric pole, D.P. pole or telephone pole in front of the main entrance. It is known as stumbhbedh. This leads to difference of opinion among the family members or
business partners. There are quarrels among them. This is harmful to progress.
6) Vastuvedh – There should not be store room,garage, out house, watchman cabin etc. in front of the
main entrance. This is known as Vastuvedh which leads to loss of property.
7) The main entrance of a building should not be exactly at the middle of the length or the breadth of the
house. It should be slightly to one side.
8) Water should not collect in front of the main entrance due to leakage in tap or any other reason.
This is harmful to the children.
9) There should not be a heap of mud stones or bricks in front of the main entrance. This obstructs the
10) The height of the compound gate should not exceed the compound wall coloums on which gate is
fixed. This obstructs the progress of the head of the family.
11) No other structure or its corner should face the main entrance of the building.
12) Outside the compound gate there should not be an incinerator in the East, the North-East or the North direction. Similarly there should not be any tank, pit or slagnant pool of water in South, the South-East or the South-West direction. These things are obstructions just outside the compound wall and are known as Margvedh.The head of the family faces many obstacles in hisway.
13) There should not be a common entrance to two houses. Angry happenings take place.
14) The compound wall should not be higher than thebuilding (It is not seen). It is written only for information. It is known as Bhawanvedh. This stops economic progress.
15) There should not be a delipidated abandoned building or remnants of an old building in front of the main
entrance of any residential or commercial building. This results in daily loss and there is a chance of business