1. Living room should be in the East (leaving the southeast corner) or in the north. However, it is more beneficial in the north.
2. The slope of the flooring of the living room should be in the east or in the north.
3. The door of the living room should not be in the southeast or the south-west direction. The eastern and the western doors are very auspicious for the living room.
4. The internal furniture, show cases and other heavy articles should be in the west or in the south direction.
5. The sitting arrangement of the head of the family should be facing the east or in the north direction.
6. As far as possible TV should not be in the north-east or the south-west corner. It should be in the south-east corner. If it is in the north-west corner a lot of precious time is lost. If the T.V. is in the south-west corner frequent breakdowns are expected.
7. The telephone should not be in the south-west or the north-west corners. It should be in the east or in the
south-east or in the north.
8. The Indian style sitting arrangement should be in the east, the west or the north.
9. It is better if the portraits of the God or water falls are hung in the north-east corner. Stuffed animals should
be in the north-west corner.
possible it should not be red or black.
11. Portraits of angry birds, animals, women, weeping children, scenes from the wars etc. should not be displayed in the room.
12. Furniture of this room should not be circular, triangular, egg shaped, hexagonal or odd shapes. It should be square or rectangular.
13. Due to paucity of land, if the furniture is to be kept in the east or in the north direction, it should not be in the direct contact with the flooring. It should be light and hollow and placed on base 1 to 3 inches above the floor.
14. The ceiling of this room if slanting towards the east or the north, is good.
15. The cooler should be in the west/north west/east and not in the southeast direction.
16. In the modern architecture the height of the livingroom is more up to double than that of the other rooms.
There is no harm in doing so. However, the staircase should be in the south, the west or the south -west corner of the room.