East Facing House Vastu – Main Door/Entrance Placement
East is considered to be a good direction in vastu shastra, however, this in no way means, that one can locate the entrance of a house at any place in East side.
You must locate the entrance at only “allowed” places and never locate in the “prohibited” zones; we’ve discussed this further but first, take a real good look at the image below.
As evident from the image above, the East part (length from North-East to South-East) is divided in 9 equal parts.
Each part is called as “pada” or step in vastu shastra.
The 5th pada (green one) is the most auspicious one to locate a main door for East facing home. It’s the location of Sun (the God of fame) and blesses the residents with a lot of name, fame and respect in the society.
The pada’s 3 and 4 are the ones that you can use (for entrance/main door) if pada 5 alone is small. But make sure to include pada 5 along with padas 4 or 3.
Padas 1 and 2 are the prohibited ones; however, if you happen to locate the entrance of your home here then there’s nothing to fret about as it won’t bring any harm; however, it may notgive any benefits at the same time too. Also, if you’re planning to use pada 1 for main door, then make sure to leave at least 6 inches (1/2 feet) of space from NE wall; i.e the main door shouldn’t touch NE corner.
The pada’s 6 and 7 are the ones that can be used if there’s no option to place the main door towards padas 4, 3, 2 or 1. However, it’s always better to include pada 5 in this arrangement.
Padas 8 and 9 are the “prohibited” ones and must never be used to locate the entrance of a house and that’s because it’s the place from where illness enters the home.
Having understood vastu rules and guidelines for east facing house entrance, you’re now ready to know what to do and avoid in an east facing home, so just read on.
East Facing House Vastu – 9 Don’ts
- No toilets in NE corner.
- No bedroom in NE corner.
- No septic tank in NE corner; in fact will tell you the best location to make a septic tank. Update: More on Septic tank Vastu
- A staircase in North-East of a house is a strict no.
- Avoid having a kitchen in NE corner; if there’s one then this article will help you.
- Avoid a plot that slopes from North to South.
- Avoid big trees in North and East of a house.
- Avoid having clutter, dirt, dustbins etc. in North and NE; it’s better to avoid it everywhere.
- No cut in NE corner; if there’s one then read our article.
East Facing House Vastu – 10 Do’s
- Place the main door in 5th pada; this’ll give name and fame.
- You can place entrance in padas 4th to 1st if pada 5 alone is small.
- Make walls in North and East slightly shorter and thinner than South and West.
- Make sure that kitchen is in SE or NW.
- Face East (in SE kitchen) and West (in NW kitchen) while cooking.
- Pooja room in NE is very auspicious. More info
- A living room in NE is also good. More about it
- You can have a guest bedroom in NW.
- A plot that slopes from South to North is considered good.
- SW master bedroom is the best.